Sunday 24 November 2013

11 Oct 2013 - BEST BEST BEST 해물 파전!!!


We did not check out the alley becos I had one place in mind.
Yes! I found it ^^ 
낙서파전 is the place I wanted to check out as there were many good online reviews for this eatery. I think it is not difficult to locate this alley but we got lost somehow. I asked one 아저씨 in my super broken Korean, "죄송합니다 아저씨. 파전골목 어디에서?" Pajeon Alley must be a popular place to the residents there becos 아저씨 immediately directed us the way to reach here. 아저씨 정말 감사합니다 ^^
We can't wait to go in!!
Wooohoooooooooo!!!

First impression : Very old school!!
I liked or rather we loved it!!



  1. 김치전 Kimchi jeon
  2. 파전 Pajeon
  3. 곱창전골 Gopchang jeongol - A hot pot of intestines. You can refer to Gopchang Jeongol if you are not sure what is it.
  4. 닭도리탕 Dakdoritang aka 닭볶음탕 Dakbokkeumtang - Spicy braised Chicken. Maangchi has a very good recipe for it. I will try this dish one of these days. 닭도리탕 reminds me of a dish that I ate in SG.
  5. 제육볶음 Jeyuk Bokkeum - Spicy Stir Fried Pork
  6. 오징어 볶음 Ohjinguh Bokkeum - Spicy Sitr Fried Squid
  7. 두부김치 Toufu Kimchi
  8. 참지김치찌개 Tuna Kimchi Jjigae
  9. 골뱅이무침 Golbaengi Muchim.  Maangchi has a good recipe on eating it with noodles *Yum Yum
해물 파전 Seafood Pancake is not on the menu but it is the most popular dish in the eatery. I am not sure whether 파전 Pajeon also refer to Seafood Pajeon in this case. To be on the safe side, I said, "이모 해물 파전막걸리 주세요".  Please correct me if I am wrong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
대박!!!!!!!!!!
No other 
해물 파전 can beat this!!
This was extremely delicious!!!!
The best seafood pajeon that we have ever ate.

Its quite big and just nice for three of us.
In our broken English context, we called this "No fight".
I can drool just by looking at this picture now!!!
Arghhhh..............
And nothing beats having 막걸리 Makgeolli with such delicious seafood pajeon. We finished our  and I saw 동동주!! I miss 동동주 Dong Dong Ju ever since I tried it once in Damyang and that was my first trip to Korea. The one that I tried in Damyang was like a carbonated kind of rice wine drink. Whereas this 동동주 was not any fizzy drinks at all ㅠㅠ Is 동동주 usually non carbonated?? Why was the one in Damyang carbonated?? I don't take soft drinks but I think the fizzy 동동주 in Damyang tasted really good. This bottle of Dong Dong Ju tasted like Makgeolli. Are they supposed to taste the same??  Anyway, this bottle of 동동주 was so big. Jo did not mix it well. The drink was very thick towards the last bit of it. I did not finish my last cup cos I don't like the strong taste. The couple finished theirs cos they thought I finished mine. Yeah! I cheated ㅋㅋㅋ. Jo felt like he was walking on air thereafter ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ I think our total bill was less than KRW15000. So cheap for three people!! 
Got this from Naver map.
Kyunhee University is circled in red.
The blue flag is the location of 낙서파전.
낙서파전 is about 5 mins walk from Hoegi station, exit 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment